Zachary James

Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Zachary but you can call me Zach or Big Z.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Creepy Crawlies

I love creepy crawlies. Real ones and fake ones. But especially real ones. We've encountered quite a lot of them lately including a whole family of ladybugs in our bathroom. And we've seen many pink and squirmy earthworms on our rainy day walks through our neighborhood. I took a particular liking to one friendly earthworm that I found in the middle of the sidewalk just down the street from my house. I think I surprised my mom when I told him, "Be right back! I go get you some food!" Mom said that it was nice of me to feed him, but that he already had plenty of food and wasn't hungry.

Sometimes we bring bugs inside the house for further observation. We put them in a tiny glass jar with holes in the lid. They are fascinating. Don't worry, we are always very gentle with them and let them go after a few hours. Except for spiders. Mom says spiders like to go swimming down the toilet.