Zachary James

Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Zachary but you can call me Zach or Big Z.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Trick-or-treat!

I don't really understand what this Halloween trick-or-treat thing is, but I love dressing like a chicken ("ninnen") and saying "buk, buk, bukkaw!" From the moment I laid eyes on the fluffy orange and white costume hanging from the rack at the store, I just new I belonged inside of it.

When you live a leisurely lifestyle like I do, you can create many opportunities to dress like a chicken. In fact, I opted to wear my chicken costume around the house in lieu of clothes several times this month. But there was also a dress rehearsal with my cousins, a rockin' costume party with my playgroup and trick-or-treating IN THE DARK with my friend David.

You would think that I might have felt awkward walking around in the dark outside and ringing doorbells dressed like a chicken. But really it felt quite natural and I got the hang of it pretty quickly. David, however, tried to run into every house that opened its door. Ah, well. At least he had a cool little pumpkin bucket in which to put his candy. All I had was a pastel blue Hallmkark gift bag. Yeah, thanks Mom.