Zachary James

Hi! Welcome to my blog. My name is Zachary but you can call me Zach or Big Z.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Look mom, no pants.

Yep, that's my little puckered tush you see here. God I love going nakey-butt and letting it all hang out.

Despite a minor cold that left me with yet another runny nose, May has been a good month. Let's see, I went to the Science Center, the Zoo, the Aquarium AND the Museum of Flight. I saw more of Seattle than a tourist on caffine.

And that's just my weekend activities. Mama and I go all kinds of places during the week, like hiking at Tiger Mountain and the Arboretum, playgroup on Tuesdays, story time at the library and grocery shopping. I especially like grocery shopping when we go to the store that has shopping carts with steering wheels.

Mom and Dad says I found my voice this month. In addition to my original six-word vocab (mama, dadda, bye, ball, ow and go), I also like to say, "na-no" (no-no), "yangy" (my dog's name, Langley) and "pkup" (short for pick-up truck).

I find it equally as fun to copy the sounds of animals and other noisy objects. See if you can guess some of my favorites sounds: Cock-cu, wowowowow, buk buk bk-aw, hah-hah-hah (tongue hanging out), mmmm (low-pitch), mmmmm (high-pitch). If you guessed: rooster, fire truck and police car sirens, chicken, my dog Langley panting, cow and horse then, bravo, we speak the same language.

Well I better hit the hay. Tomorrow is Thursday. And in our neighborhood that means recycling and garbage truck day (pronounced "ga-gaa!" with eyes wide open). The trucks come to our house before the sun does so I need to be able to wake mom and dad up so they can run me downstairs to greet them. Gotta love garbage truck day.

Coming next month: Action shots of me doing a triple sommersault with a half twist. I start gymnastic class in June. I've been told that my Dad was quite a gymnast by age 7.5, so I have a big leotard to fill.